We are bookending your week, every week with a couple of podcast episodes that we hope provide insights on how to be a better marketer, sales pro, or operator in your B2B company.
In case that you missed it, I had a conversation this week with Jonathan about the rise of the newsletter and what that means for you. We talk about HubSpot’s acquisition of the Hustle, newsletters that inspire us, and how we are thinking about delivering our newsletter to all of you.
Today, I’m excited to share a conversation that I had with Joanna Rutter who is a content marketer at Animalz. There was a lot of ground covered in this conversation that I think will help not only content marketers, but any B2B marketer who is looking to start marketing like a real person. I appreciated Joanna’s authenticity, honesty, and point of view on the market in this one.
Animalz is an INCREDIBLE content marketing company that helps companies level up the way they build connections with their audiences. Since jumping back in the content space I’ve learned a ton from the content that they are producing. Make sure you sign up for their newsletter. It will make you a better marketer.
Here’s some additional topics that we cover in the conversation:
- Career pathing: Why the career path of a content marketer isn’t clear cut and what you can do to make sure you are working for a company that maximizes your skills
- Mental health: The importance of looking after your mental health during this time and why it’s especially important for writers
- Narrowing down your audience: Why less is more in the new era of content marketing
I really enjoyed the conversation and the opportunity to share it with all of you. I look forward to sharing more conversation with great content marketers in the coming weeks.
If you enjoy what we are doing we’d love for you to do a couple things:
- Subscribe to us on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you consume fine audio content.
- Sign up for our waitlist where you’ll receive our newsletter and you’ll be the first to be a part of the movement around destroying terrible content experiences that pollute B2B SaaS
Hope you enjoy this episode and have a great close to your week 💯