“Lovable products aren’t simply functional or useful — they demonstrate an acute understanding of what users find valuable.”
This was just one of the many valuable nuggets in this post about Minimum LOVABLE Products by First Round.
Since I read that, I’ve found myself thinking a lot about what makes The Juice valuable to our members.
I’m working on getting WAY more feedback from our members to answer that question. (If you’re a member, let me know via this 2 question survey.)
So while I wait on that feedback, I’ve also been asking myself the same question.
“What makes The Juice valuable to me?”
Aside from The Juice keeping me employed, which is a MAJOR value to me (hi Jonathan - thanks again for hiring me!), I use The Juice platform as my research assistant for work and that’s where I’ve found a lot of value in The Juice.
Here’s a quick example:
This week I was struggling with email.
I went on a search via The Juice for tips and strategies to increase clicks in our emails.
I immediately found dozens of resources and skimmed them for relevancy to my situation.
I quickly narrowed down my list of bookmarked pieces to 13.
I consumed them all in ~20 minutes and took notes as I went.
- My emails might have too many images.
- Consider reducing the total amount of content in an email.
- The CTA’s might not be clear.
- The theme of the email might not be focused enough to drive action.
- Consider more personalization, if possible.
- Test repeating the CTA, for clarity.
- Test “P.S” at the bottom
- Test social sharing options where it makes sense
I have 8 major takeaways that I have started testing or will test soon.
I saved all of those resources in my library, so I can reference them later.
So, back to the question, “What makes The Juice valuable to me?”
- It saves me time - That whole process probably took me 30 minutes. No more.
- It prevents frustration - I didn’t have to bounce around from website to website, trying to find the content that’s free and ungated.
- It prevents unwanted emails and calls - I didn’t have to give up my contact info to a brand that wants to sell to me.
All of that combined makes research via The Juice the fastest, easiest, on-the-job research I’ve ever done.
Having a hub of free, accessible, trustworthy resources specific to MY job is something I never knew I needed, but now I don’t know why I settled for less.
If you enjoy what we are doing we’d love for you to do a couple things:
- Join The Juice and start experiencing a frictionless B2B content experience today
- Subscribe to us on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you consume fine audio content. 🧃