We are bookending your week, every week with a couple of podcast episodes that we hope provide insights on how to be a better marketer, sales pro, or operator in your B2B company.
In case that you missed it, I had a conversation this week with Jonathan about the cease and desist letter that we received that caused us to move up the timeline on sharing our forever name -- The Juice. 🧃
Today, I’m excited to share a conversation that I had with Dominic Kent who is a content marketer that I have been enjoying following since joining The Juice. He is the Content Director at Mio and does a lot of content marketing freelance work for his clients.
I first met Dominic in a Slack group when he shared, The State of B2B Content Marketing 2021 in one of the group’s channels.
I thought the article was going to be just like every other State of the State of things report.
You know what I’m talking about?
Generic, non-helpful, and reads like it was coming out of a marketing department in the .com era.
After I read the opening paragraph I knew this piece of content was different and when I finished I knew I needed to bring him on the 3C Podcast to talk about it.
Here’s some additional topics that we cover in the conversation:
- Freelancing: Reasons why freelancing might be fruitful for you even if you have a day job
- Collaborating with contributors: The process for using your network and reaching out to influential people to make your content great
- #Content365: Why Dominic decided it was a good idea to write something every day this year and why you might benefit from writing more
I really enjoyed the conversation and the opportunity to share it with all of you. I look forward to sharing more conversation with great content marketers in the coming weeks.
If you enjoy what we are doing we’d love for you to do a couple things:
- Subscribe to us on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you consume fine audio content.
- Sign up for our waitlist where you’ll receive our newsletter and you’ll be the first to be a part of the movement around destroying terrible content experiences that pollute B2B SaaS
Hope you enjoy this episode and have a great close to your week 💯.