We are bookending your week, every week with a couple of podcast episodes that we hope provide insights on how to be a better marketer, sales pro, or operator in your B2B company.
In case that you missed it, I had a conversation with Jonathan about The Process of Building a First Call Deck and why we think this should be one of your company’s most important assets. We just got done with the first version of the first call deck at The Juice and wanted to share our thoughts on the process.
Today, I’m excited to share a conversation that I had with Margaret Kelsey who is the Senior Director of Marketing at OpenView. When we first met we got deep into a conversation about the importance for content marketers to not only be producers, but also facilitators of content for their market. It was a topic that I was working through and brought her on the podcast to share her experience with content facilitation.
OpenView is an expansion stage venture capital firm who has invested in some of the fastest growing companies in SaaS. They coined the term Product Led Growth and create regular content that helps early stage marketers and have a badass newsletter, too.
Here’s some topics that we cover in our conversation:
- Don’t need to be the expert: Why playing the quarterback in the creation process can help level up your content
- Mindfulness around your customers: How tapping in your customers regularly to your content drumbeat can cause less work, but more impact
- Operating like a Talk Show Host: How pulling nuggets from your guests and making them shine like industry thought leaders can assist in your company’s brand development
I really enjoyed the conversation and the opportunity to share it with all of you. I look forward to sharing more conversation with great content marketers in the coming weeks.
If you enjoy what we are doing we’d love for you to do a couple things:
- Sign up for our waitlist where you’ll receive our newsletter and you’ll be the first to be a part of the movement around destroying terrible content experiences that pollute B2B SaaS
- Subscribe to us on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you consume fine audio content.
Hope you enjoy this episode and have a great close to your week 💯.