We are bookending your week, every week with a couple of podcast episodes that we hope provide insights on how to be a better marketer, sales pro, or operator in your B2B company.
In case that you missed, we dropped the final episode of our launch mini series, “Using Community to Launch a B2B MarTech Company” where Jonathan and I discuss how we are thinking about maintaining momentum. We are trying to be mindful of keeping the rolling thunder growing after launch day to continue to build awareness around The Juice.
Today, I’m excited to share with you a conversation that I had with Joe Lazauskas, VP of Marketing at Contently. He’s a marketer, author, and amazing content creator. I’ve been enjoying his newsletter on Linkedin and the different perspectives he is sharing with his audience. His post on personas caught my attention and was the catalyst for our conversation.
Contently is a content marketing technology company that gives content marketers great ideas on what kind of content that you should be creating and connects marketers with a massive network of freelance writers who can help support those efforts. I’ve been enjoying their content and am learning a ton from them.
Here’s some topics that we cover in our conversation:
- Operate like a journalist: How interviewing your audience can lead to breakthroughs in your marketing
- Personas: What’s the current role of personas in marketing and how should we use them
- Writing for one: The importance of focusing your message on an individual to cut through the noise
I really enjoyed the conversation and the opportunity to share it with all of you. I look forward to sharing more conversations with great content marketers in the coming weeks.
If you enjoy what we are doing we’d love for you to do a couple things:
- Join The Juice and start experiencing a frictionless B2B content experience today
- Subscribe to us on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you consume fine audio content.
Hope you enjoy this episode and have a great close to your week. 🧃