Happy Friday Modern Day Marketers. 🧃
We are bookending your week, every week with a couple of podcast episodes that we hope provide insights on how to be a better marketer, sales pro, or operator in your B2B company.
In case that you missed, I dropped a solo episode on Monday where I discussed the traits that made up the Modern Day Marketer. I’ve been working on a visual identity with our design team and needed to catch them up to speed on what made the Modern Day Marketer tick. I’ve turned this into an article, too. You can check that out here and see how closely aligned you are with the makeup of the Modern Day Marketer.
Today, I’m excited to share with you a conversation that I had with Abby Borden who is the VP of Marketing for Lexer. Her career path is not normal. She transitioned her career from being an individual contributor in Customer Success to leading marketing at a top brand. We dive into how she made this happen and why diverse backgrounds can lead to better marketing.
Here’s some topics that we cover in our conversation:
- Role in CS: How getting experience in CS can lead to a different level of mindfulness when approaching marketing
- Experience: Why focusing on experience is more important now than ever before
- Advocacy: How we can be thinking about advocacy in our day-to-day efforts
I really enjoyed the conversation and the opportunity to share it with all of you. I look forward to sharing more conversations with great content marketers in the coming weeks.
If you enjoy what we are doing we’d love for you to do a couple things:
- Join The Juice and start experiencing a frictionless B2B content experience today
- Subscribe to us on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you consume fine audio content.
Hope you enjoy this episode and have a great close to your week. 🧃