We are bookending your week, every week with a couple of podcast episodes that we hope provide insights on how to be a better marketer, sales pro, or operator in your B2B company.
In case that you missed it, Jonathan and I spent our Monday conversation talking about the Future State of PTO in SaaS. The last year has changed the game for how a lot of companies operate and being mindful of how time off is presented to your people is more important than ever. If you are thinking about how to start or update your PTO policy this might be a good conversation for you.
Today, I’m excited to share a conversation that I had with Natalie Severino, VP of Marketing and Chorus. We share a similar journey of starting our careers in B2B marketing with roles close to the sales team. We spent a lot of time talking about how marketing should think about sales alignment and how content can play a role in that process.
Chorus is a conversational intelligence platform for sales people. Natalie spends her time not only building teams that market a product for sales people, but also thinking about how she can use her team’s content to enable her internal sales team to create better experiences for future customers.
Here’s some topics that we cover in our conversation:
- Marketing and Sales Relationship: Why it’s more important than ever and what are tactics used to drive alignment
- Building a team: What goes in to building a marketing team during a Series A round and how content plays a role the process
- Content experiences: How B2B marketers should be thinking about their audience and creating experiences that fit their needs
I really enjoyed the conversation and the opportunity to share it with all of you. I look forward to sharing more conversation with great content marketers in the coming weeks.
If you enjoy what we are doing we’d love for you to do a couple things:
- Subscribe to us on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you consume fine audio content.
- Sign up for our waitlist where you’ll receive our newsletter and you’ll be the first to be a part of the movement around destroying terrible content experiences that pollute B2B SaaS
Hope you enjoy this episode and have a great close to your week 💯.